Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Don't you just hate it when...

Don't you just hate it when you get your taste buds all set for a particular food and your expectations are not met? I do.



The last couple of times I've gone to one of my local work eateries I've been completely disappointed by the food I received versus the description on the menu, which means that I now have to find the time to make those two items at home. Well until I find the time to make them myself here's my version of one the items in question:



Italy the Panini

2 slices bread (ciabatta or boule, work well)

1 med. tomato sliced thin

2 - 3 fresh basil leaves

2-3 slices mozzarella

olive oil

salt & pepper



directions: season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. arrange tomatoes, basil and cheese on your bread so that you have even layers and your sandwich is not too think. lightly brush olive oil onto you panini press (george forman grill or skillet) and grill your sandwich.

variations: pesto spread on the bread insead of fresh basil.

1 comment:

Kate said...

This looks yummy!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com