Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Relax, Relate, Release - Cook!

I've been having a week, I'm almost half convinced that there's a dark cloud hovering, anyway one of my ways to de-stress is to cook. There's something to be said for pounding out a chicken breast or chopping up some vegetables when you're truly pissed off, it doesn't compare to brownies and wine, but it'll do.

My crap weeks nets you a quick (and dirty) Eggplant Parmesan.

1 Eggplant (small or medium)
1 can crushed tomatoes
sea salt
garlic powder
Italian seasoning
Mozzarella cheese

Peel and slice eggplant into 1/2 inch thick slices, season with salt.
Place on paper towels to draw out water, let it sit about 15 to 20 minutes.
Coat the bottom of a casserole dish with olive oil, dust excess salt from eggplant and place in dish (flip eggplant slices over so both sides get coated with oil).
cook eggplant ind 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
Remove and cover with tomatoes then season with desired amount of Italian seasoning and garlic powder, then top with cheese.
Bake at 350 for about 20 to 30 minutes (I happen to like my cheese almost burnt so I let it stay in a while).

I also forgot to mention that I cook by smell as much as sight and actual testing for softness/firmness.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com