Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving, always have. The first meal I can remember having a hand is was Thanksgiving at my grandmom's. I was probably more in her way than anything else, but I loved being in the kitchen; measuring flour, basting the turkey, and probably asking a million questions. My mom and aunties probably sent me upstairs to play with my cousins over and over again, but I kept coming back.

As I got older, I got to chop vegetables for the stuffing or cube cheese for the baked macaroni and cheese; eventually I started making dishes - desserts. Now this year, I'm taking over. My gram is no longer with us, but I'm sure she's somewhere around in spirit, hopefully smiling.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Keesha Boyd- MA, MEd. said...

Happy Turkey Day Gi! Love the post!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com