Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Comfort Food

What is it about February and March that makes you want to curl up with a bowl of something warm and filling? I'm not sure, all i know is that right now all i want to cook and eat is comfort food. One of my favorite comfort foods is Arroz con Gandules (rice with pigeon peas), since I don’t currently have any gandules I had to settle for rice with roast pork (Arroz con Cerdo Asado).

Here’s my version:

Arroz con Cerdo Asado

2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups long or medium grain white rice
2 or 3 tbsp Goya Recaito
2 or 3 packets Goya Sazón
1 to 1 1/2 lbs roast pork (already cooked)
5 oz. sliced green olives
4 cups water

Heat oil over medium-low heat in a 6-quart pot.
Add rice, coat with oil; then Racaito and Sazon.
Next add pork and olives and cover with water.
Cook over low heat until all water has cooked out.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com