Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

My new love…


So about a month ago my co-worker and friend happened to make a quiche and brought me a slice, as I had had a particularly long day and did not feel like cooking I took home my slice, gobbled up, and became just a little bit obsessed with quiche.

I was terrified of making my own, and since I don’t recall my mom or grandmother’s ever making one I was pretty much on my own. Thank goodness for serious food bloggers, I’ve been following Simply Recipes for a couple of years now, but this is the first time I’ve actually made use of one of her recipes. Her Mushroom Quiche was so simple to that I was able to alter it by adding broccoli, ham and way too much cheese.

My alterations:
Use a ready-made pie crust
No measuring of the filling, except for the eggs. (I think I’ve mentioned how I feel about eggs before, if not – in a nutshell, I’ll foods with eggs as long as I don’t have to know they’re there.)

And because I’m still a little nervous making quiche I consulted Joy of Cooking and found that I can basically add any combo that I think will work into the filling.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com