Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions!

My knee is finally, really on the mend, I can stand for a whole hour before my leg feels like it wants to give out and I’m not limping any more – so hooray progress (and physical therapy)!

I really haven’t cooked a lot since I hurt my knee, which really sucked, but now that I’m on the mend I resolve to change that. I also resolve to give up the bucks and buy my Kitchen-Aid blender and food processor.*

I also need to lose some weight, like everyone else; but I don’t believe in dieting so I’ll have to do it the old fashion way, more exercise, better portion control. But I’m not giving up butter or any other real ingredients. My great grandmother lived well into her 80’s eating an assortment of foods, including things we now consider unhealthy, but doing so in moderation.

Finally, I’m going to try to blog more, especially now that I have followers that I've never met (Welcome!).

So Happy New Year to you all! May your year be filled with happiness, love, joy and good food, of course!

*This is not a paid product endorsement, I’m just tired of buying inexpensive kitchen equipment that I have to replace every 2 years. I’ve had my K-A mixer for 5 years and it has yet to let me down.

1 comment:

2ndgenlibrarian said...

Yay for the knee feeling better!I concur re: real ingredients, but I'm on the fence regarding blogging. I'm tempted to give up the pretense.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com