Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Too Darn Hot

We're all friends here, right?

So I can honestly say that it has been too darn hot to cook lately. I've actually created a self imposed ban on using the oven until the heat breaks. Which kind of sucks because I'm really in the mood for Paella, and the only way I know to get the crispy, crunchy bottom is to stick the pan in the oven. So I'm now looking on UrbanSpoon.com for a restaurant where I can get some decent semi-authentic Paella.

On the other hand, since I have no current objections to cooking stovetop, I've decided that is way past time to learn how to make fresh pasta. So one of my stops while I'm out today is a local shop that sells just about any toy a foodie could want. Let's all just hope that I'm able to control myself. I just have to keep repeating, pasta maker only, pasta maker only, pasta maker only; however, I'm not responsible for my actions if there's a really good sale.

Ciao (and Chow)

2 comments:

layzbugs said...

Best place for paella is Iberia in Newark.

Gigi said...

Thanks for the tip and very good to know. I'll have to figure out a reason to get to Newark now.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com