Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Yummy places to try

Last weekend was girls weekend! And I got to spend it in NYC with two of oldest and best friends. Because they know me so well they made sure that I got to eat and drink at two of the best spots in New York. Yes, I know New York if filled with lots of great restaurants, but these were made special because of the company.

Cafe Blossom. Cafe Blossom, a vegan restaurant located at
466 Columbus Ave, between 82nd and 83rd streets, was simply delicious. It was intimate yet spacious, our table of 4 could actually converse and the couple on a date next to us didn't over hear. Our waitress both really nice and helpful, she didn't make me feel at all bad when I sent back my first entree - which wasn't bad, I just had a texture thing.
It was reasonably priced and the organic wine ... you know what, just trust me go to Cafe Blossom.
(photo credit: Cafe Blossom: http://bit.ly/97S5QY)



Francia Teahouse & Restaurant (12 Park Ave, between 34th and 35th Street). In the interest of full disclosure, I actually didn't make it into Francia, but I am now deeply in love with their tea. It was love and zen at first sip. So much so that I'm trying to figure out a way to recreate the tea at home - wish me luck.
(photo credit: Yelp.com: http://bit.ly/5z2ob





The trip to Francia was based on a tip from Keesha and Kailei of The Vyne Weekly, and if you haven't subscribed to the weekly newsletter or checked out their site you totally should. And I'm not just saying that because I'm an occasional contributor, those ladies know their stuff.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com