Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Simple Sunday

I still need to perfect this hot chocolate, but I think this is a good start. And it's the perfect treat for a simple (and lazy) Sunday afternoon.


Select your cup or mug and pour your milk for each serving into said mug and then into a sauce pan. While milk warms, keep your mug heated with hot water from the tap.


When your milk is warmed through, pour hot water from mug and add chips to bottom of mug (about a tablespoon), pour over warmed milk and stir until chocolate is melted.

You can add a pinch of salt and/or vanilla extract to bring out the flavor of the chocolate.



UPDATE: my first cup wasn't nearly as chocholately as I would have liked, the second cup however was perfection - so you have to let it sit for at least 2 to 3 minutes for a full chocolate flavor.

1 comment:

The Jobless Librarian said...

I am always on the lookout for a tasty hot chocolate recipe. I'll certainly give this a try!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com