Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Meatless Monday & Me

I’ve been thinking for a little while that I might need to cut back on the amount of meat that I partake, because I’m slowly but surely getting older and it just might be a good idea to cut back.  (Of course last week I probably ate entire cow on my own, so I haven’t been thinking about it that seriously.)  Anyway, I was watching Oprah Behind the Scenes last night when the Harpo staff was given the Vegan challenge and finally said why not try to do Meatless Monday, because there’s absolutely no way you can handle going vegan for a day, let alone a week.

Today’s highlight so far:  Hummus (What can I say I like snack foods)

Hummus (my way)

1 can Chickpeas, drained
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, about the juice of ½ a fresh lemon
1 to 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 garlic clove minced (if you don’t have fresh garlic just use 1 to 2 teaspoons of garlic powder)
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive Oil

Process peas, juice seeds and garlic for about a minute, just until peas begin to break up and everything is mixed.  Slowly add Olive Oil until everything is well blended and smooth.

Serve with fresh veggies, I like carrots and red peppers; or with pita or corn chips.

Click here, to find out more about Meatless Monday.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com