Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day

I just wanted to take the time to say Happy Mother’s day to my mommy and all of the wonderful women that have helped me become the woman I am.  My mom, grandmothers and great-grandmother all developed my love of food and cooking.  My grand-mom Pat never told me to go play with my cousins while she baked and I wanted to “help”.  She not only let me stay and help but she always let me have first crack at the mixing bowls of cake batter - awesomeness!  My grand-mom Elizabeth gave me green candies - still my favorite; and I’m fairly sure I got my “Spidey sense of Done” from her (she could tell when a pot need to be stirred or turned off from a good 100 feet away.  And my great grand-mom Estella let me eat whatever I wanted and hushed my parents “No, you just ate or you’ll be eating soon”.  Mommy helped me make brownies for the first time and laughed (mostly) when I got brownie batter on the white walls of our dining room.  When I made my first Lemon-Meringe Pie, mom was the first to try it.  She’s been there for all of my hits and misses, in the kitchen and out with encouragement, suggestions and always a hug.  There’s so much more I could say, but I wouldn’t want her to get a big head or anything so...

Thanks Mom!  
I promise to work on the German Chocolate Cake.

 

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com