Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Jersey favorite with a twist

Several of my native Jersey friends will tell you that the best anytime sandwich is Pork Roll, Egg & Cheese (for those of you not from New Jersey equate it to an Egg McMuffin).  I'm Jersey by choice, and default, but I don't think I've ever had a pork roll, egg and cheese.  Mostly because of my thing about eggs, you know by now that I'm not a huge fan and when I do eat eggs I'm pick about their preparation.  Ok, so anyway,  I thought perhaps I should finally try this Jersey classic.  But with a minor twist - mostly because I'm not going grocery shopping unless I have to until the weather breaks.

My version:  Prosciutto, fontina and a fried egg on rosemary, olive oil & sea salt bread.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com