Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It’s been a long, long time…

Hi there, if there is anyone out there other than my mom (Hi Mom!), and you’re still checking in with this blog you have my sincere apologies for all but abandoning the blog for a month and a half.  Long explanation, short it was a very long and busy summer; and I was without a full-time children’s librarian for most of it.  Sadly I spent most of the summer buying take-out and fast food rather than cooking, but I’m putting all of that behind me now (to quote one of my favorite writers “Nothing but good times ahead,”) and hope to get on a regular posting schedule. 

Anyway, it’s now September, which always feels like New Year’s. There’s just something about September, specifically and fall in general, that always makes me take stock and start to set goals.  Among my goals right now is going on a debt diet of sorts.  I have some things that I want to do around my house, so I need to save up for them;  I also need to get healthy (see above mention of summer eating filled with fast food & take-out).  So I’m going to start limiting my eating out, except for trips and special occasions and stick to cooking the majority of my meals. 

I just started today, but the one tip that I can share so far is plan your week ahead of time.  If you have any tips to share please post in the comments.

See you later in the week.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com