Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Yummy Places - Fall 2011


I’ve had a very busy Fall, I finally took a much needed vacation.  Much needed, as several staff members have commented on how much more relaxed & happy I now look post-travels.  I rested of course, but I think the real rejuvenation can be attributed to the really good food I had, and with that here are 4 places you need to try at some point.

Nordic Lodge (Charlestown, RI) – Fair warning Nordic Lodge is not cheap, currently it’s $82 per person for adults.  But I tell you it’s worth every single penny, plus extra tip to your server.  Why?  It’s all you can eat lobster – that’s right all you can eat.  But wait, there’s more.  It’s also all you can eat oysters, prime rib and so much more. Everything is freshly made and the staff is really nice. A lobster dinner, at least near me starts at $27 per person, and doesn’t include an appetizer, soft drinks or coffee and dessert; all of this is included in Nordic Lodge’s price. It’s open from late April through mid-December.


Nancy’s Restaurant(Oak Bluffs, MA) – Nancy’s sits right on the Oak Bluffs Harbor, during the summer months there’s an outdoor “Snack Bar” and year round there’s dining “Upstairs” at an indoor restaurant and patio deck.  The clam chowder and lobster rolls were perfection, and for a resort town, I thought the prices were reasonable.

The Purple Pig (Chicago, IL) – The Purple Pig has such a “neighborhood joint” feel that you kind of forget that it’s an upscale restaurant on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile.  The staff was really helpful in suggesting a good beverage to accompany the Braised Baby Artichokes, Fingerling Potatoes,Asiago & Salami Toscana antipasti and Salami Toscana, Goat Cheese & Black Olive Tapenade Panini I decided on for lunch.  When I thought my meal couldn’t get any better I found out dessert was an option, during which I basically turned out the rest of the world while I enjoyed – I had to stop myself from humming out loud.

Girl and the Goat (Chicago, IL) – Girl and the Goat is the creation of Top Chef’s first (and so far only) female winner Stephanie Izard.   Girl and the Goat, has place to be seen vibe to it yet it also has a friendliness to it that is uniquely part of the city of Chicago, perfect for a girls night out or date night.  I went with my friend Kailei on a weeknight and it was packed, we were lucky to snag a seat at the bar.  The plates were small, but the food was delish.


In a nutshell, that’s been my fall food adventures thus far.  Hope that you get to try one or more of the above restaurants, if you do let me know what you think. 

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com