Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving countdown

Two days until Thanksgiving 2011, I’m about to go do prep work with Mom  We’re cooking together this year which I really kind of love.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, my mom’s an excellent cook and I’ll never, ever be as good a cook as she.  One of the things I love most about cooking with my mom is the “hey let’s try that, but do it this way” aspect of our cooking that I seem to embrace more when I cook with her.  Mom tends to encourage me to cook without fear, and for that I am very thankful.

Anyway I gotta go see a man about some yams.  And if you want to venture beyond the canned cranberry sauce this year try this super easy recipe:

1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries (4 cups)
2 Cups Orange Juice


  1. Rinse cranberries with cool water, and remove any stems or blemished berries.
  2. Heat juice over medium-low heat in large sauce pan, add in cranberries. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Continue boiling about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to pop. Pour sauce into bowl or container. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled.

Makes 16 servings


adapted from Betty Crocker recipe

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com