Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey Curry

It all began on New Years day, in my 32nd year of being single. Once again I found myself on my own and going to my mother's annual turkey curry buffet. Every year she tries to fix me up with some bushy-haired, middle-aged bore, and I feared this year would be no exception. ~ “Bridget Jones’s Diary (Helen Fielding)



For some reason, I could not get the phrase Turkey Curry Buffet out of my head yesterday, which led me to finally make a post-Thanksgiving Turkey Salad in a whole new way, well new for me at least.  To make 4 regular (or 2 really generous) servings you’ll need the following:

12 oz. diced turkey
⅓ cup dried cranberries
⅓ cup cropped walnuts
¼ cup diced celery
3 to 4 TBSP mayonnaise
Turmeric, garam masala, salt & pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients and serve as a sandwich or over a salad.

1 comment:

N.K said...

Ha! Stumbled across the blog & giggled aloud over the curry reference (for obvious reasons).

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com