Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

I don't have a title this week. I'm feeling a bit fuzzy, for lack of a better descriptor, at the moment.  The wind is howling outside and I feel like my ears are stuffed with cotton.  But I don't have a cold, at least I don't think I do.

Anywhodoole, every year I make a list of goals, not resolutions exactly, but challenges I want to meet for work and, more importantly in my personal life.  So one of my goals this year was to avoid serious injury.  The finger slice heard around my town, that resulted in 5 (I think) stitches  solidified that goal four days before Christmas.  Sadly, I'm not reaching that goal so far.  Another knife slip about 2 weeks ago, but no serious injury this time (thank goodness).  Needless to say, I may avoid any cooking that requires a lot of chopping a little while.  

Couple my growing aversion to knives and the deep cold that is setting in here in the Northeast and you've got yourself a food blogger that is pretty much all about soups and stews these days.  My mom made an awesome Three Bean Vegetarian Chili last week, and that's this week's recipe.  

Three Bean Veggie Chili

Any combo of beans, 1cup each

2 TBSP Chili powder

1 TBSP Cumin

1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes

1 small can tomato sauce

1 small can mushrooms

Onions

Garlic Powder

Soak beans according to package directions.

Add beans tomatoes, tomato sauce, onions and seasonings to large pot.

Cook until beans are tender.

 

You can use canned beans, just rinse and drain.  Also if you want more that 3 beans, go for it, just cut the amount down to 1/2 cup.

Image

 

 

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com