Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays...

According to the song I should totally be in a funk, but I like rain days and I have the day off so I'm all smiles today. (I will totally annoy everyone when I go to the grocery store later).

If you are not a lover of rainy days or Mondays; or the continuing less than spring-like weather might I suggest you make yourself some pesto and wait it out.  I don't know, pesto is my woman declaration of spring, it is just a perfect spring food item and its so simple to make there's absolutely no reason to buy the prepackaged stuff.

So for everyone that's longing for a little bit of spring, I present PESTO!

1 to 2 cups fresh basil leaves

1 to 2 cloves garlic

¼ cup pine nuts (or walnuts)

¼ c pecorino romano (or parmesan) cheese

Olive Oil

Salt and pepper to taste

 

In a food processor (you can use a blender if you don’t have one) combine basil, garlic, pine nuts and cheese with about ¼ cup olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.  Continue to add oil until pesto is well combined and smooth.

 Image

Add to hot pasta or over chicken. 

No worries if its too much pesto for one night, it can also be frozen.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com