Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Would you buy this dressing?

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLqci6rTi6Q&w=560&h=315]

Kraft's new ad campaign for it's Zesty salad dressing features a hot guy that eventually ends up shirtless.  I'll be honest, i don't mind the objectification, but it's not going to get me to buy the dressing - sorry Kraft.

Not because it's a bad product, but because I make my own salad dressing - excepting ranch and blue cheese.  And if you recall, this blog started after an ad where brownies were vilified.  How about you, would you buy a product just because a sexy man or woman was in the ad?  Answer in the comments section and be honest.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm with you on making your own dressings. They taste so much better and are better for you. I don't oppose the eye candy, but it won't get me to the store. Plus, I feel like it insults my intelligence a little, in addition to completely only marketing to women as if we're the only ones who need to eat a salad.

theyummylibrarian said...

Agreed on the sole marketing to women, I'm guessing this will be part of a longer campaign so it will be interesting to watch what comes next.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com