Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Playing with my food

The other day I stopped at the grocery planning a healthy non-lettuce salad that would last for a couple of days.  I got home, made said salad, then was in no mood to eat it.

You see while I was in the store I smelled something sour, while there was nothing wrong with any of the produce I purchased, but that smell was still in my head.  I talked with my mom, to try to find an excuse to toss the food out; but ultimately I couldn't waste the food - and I knew there wasn't anything with it.  But still, I wasn't going to talk myself into the salad.  Enter the experiment,  quite simple really turn salad into a chilled soup.  And surprisingly it worked.

For the salad (also good and I make it all the time):

2 medium cucumbers - preferably seeded

2 to 3 medium tomatoes

1 ripe avocado

Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Salt, Peper and Garlic Powder - all added to taste.

Mix and enjoy with garlic bread or grilled seafood.

 

The Experiment (Avocado soup)

Blend or mix all ingredients above in food processor until smooth.

Add fresh cilantro, lime juice, and additional salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil; if needed.

Image

I'll freely admit that it wasn't a perfect chilled avocado soup, but it will do and no food was wasted - which mattered more to me than anything else. 

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com