Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summer Foods

Last weekend marked the unofficial start of summer.  I marked the occasion not with barbecues or going to the beach, but by avoiding all traffic and staying put; I have found that since I started working in a shore community almost nine years ago I can’t handle the extra traffic that holiday weekends bring.  I do, however, love Summer food.

 

Summer food, for me, is seafood – mostly boiled crabs, anything my dad tosses on the grill, deviled eggs, ice cream cones, and popsicles (which I still somehow manage to have drip down my arm).  But most of all it’s fresh fruit and vegetables from local farm stands.  I’m lucky enough to live in an area where farm stands are abundant (and friendly).  I’ve learned, the hard way, not to over purchase.  As much as I love fresh plums and cherries, I can only eat so many before I make myself sick.

 

Right now I find myself craving (not that unusual), cherries, peach pie, tacos and Oysters – not at the same time, of course, because that would be a little gross.  What are your favorite summer foods?  Let me know in the comments below.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cherries...pomegranate juice and cream cheese/olives on baguettes. Grapefruit juice. I also live in a resort town (Lake Geneva in WI) and...I've never actually gone to the beach in the summer. All those people *shudder* plus, I don't swim...

theyummylibrarian said...

All sounds delish! I know what you mean about all of the people, I'm waiting to get sand between my toes until September, mostly because it took so long to warm up out here. And due to the storm last fall it seems like there are even more people headed to the beach this year.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com