Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Under the influence (of books)

I'm currently listening to Yes, Chef: A Memoir by Marcus Samuelsson.  This is slightly dangerous, because it makes me hungry while I drive.  And not just hungry for my regular foods but for the food chef Samuelsson's grandmother makes.  I want a larder like her's - have I mentioned that I just finished the first disc?

The same thing happened to me when I read My Berlin Kitchen, I longed for white asparagus - still haven had it but the longing is still there.  So I found myself today, under the influence of the memoir of a world class chef, making Lindstrom burgers for dinner.

My burgers are probably not anything like what real Swedes eat, but for me, they'll do.

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp capers, chopped
1 tbsp caper brine
1/2 small red onion, very finely diced
1/4 cup picked beets, finely diced
1 tbsp beet brine
garlic powder and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients by hand and divide into quarters.  
Pan fry to desired level of doneness, I like medium well to well.



You can also add in eggs to help bind the burgers if you like or cook on the grill.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com