Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Avocado Yumminess

I don't remember what day it was, but sometime in the past 2 weeks I was watching Kelly & Michael and they did something about avocado toast during the host chat.  Naturally I thought - I should try that, so to the store I go for a pick up of stuff I need and avocados.  Fast forward the avocados are ripe, but I've now put the toast wherever things go when my attention wanders.  Anyway, forgetting why i purchased them in the first place I used 2 for a tomato & avocado salad, then couldn't decided what to do by the third and I forgot about it.

On Pinterest looking for something to do with a totally different item I purchased  I came across a recipe for an avocado spread.  It's not really like guacamole, but you could used it as a dip if you like or a replacement for mayo on sandwiches or to make avocado toast (see full circle, and more importantly I remembered why I brought the avocados in the first place.

Anyway, here's the recipe:

Avocado, pea & mint spread 

1 medium avocado
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1 tsp. (or 1 clove) minced garlic
4 to 5 mint leaves, torn
olive oil
lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.


And here's a link to the original.

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com